Trump: We expect to see 'real progress' on COVID-19

As the number of those sickened and killed by the virus has soared, Trump has increasingly used these press briefings as a chance to vent his frustrations -- at governors, the media and anyone else he can think of.




Because it was reported in the Washington Post, Trump first claims that he doesn’t believe it because they reports so much fake news:
“Number one you don’t know what they’re doing, and when you read it in the ‘Washington Post’ you don’t believe it. I believe very little when I see it. I see stories in the ‘Washington Post’ that are so fake and are so phony. I have stories that are such fake stuff and that’s number one.”
When pressed on it by Kilmeade, suggesting that we know China has already done this, Trump downplayed it:
“I said they do it and we do it and we call them different things, and you know, I make statements that are very strong against China, including the Chinese virus, which has been going on for a long time. I mean, I wouldn’t say they were thrilled with that statement, where they said our soldiers did it. They said our soldiers did it. I said you mean the Chinese virus? And all of a sudden they call and they say let’s talk nicely.
Yeah, sure that’s — hey, every country does it but they build it up and we handle that and they probably handle it but countries do that…”
Trump again cast doubt on the accuracy of the article, suggesting reality might be just the opposite…
But when I read things in the ‘Washington Post’ I can tell you stories that they write that are just the opposite. They will do anything they can to hurt this presidency, and yet , here we are with the best numbers we’ve ever had. I don’t even understand it, when you can get such fake news from so many. ‘New York Times’ is a totally dishonest paper, they are dishonest people. ‘Washington Post’ same thing. I’m trying to figure out for three and a half years, who is more dishonest and corrupt, the ‘Washington Post’ or the ‘New York Times’? When I figure it out I’ll let you know. We’ll have a special.”
Trump was upset that the Chinese blamed the Wuhan flu on US soldiers, which he mentioned here again. But he’s clearly not convinced that Russia, Iran, and China are working together to blame the US for it. But even if it is true, he doesn’t seem very concerned about it.

Comments