CNN has just published the audio of the tense conversation between Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren after yesterday's debate

When the CNN/Des Moines Register debate concluded, the studio audience and viewers saw Warren walk over to Sanders and not shake his outstretched hand. The two senators seemed to have a heated and brief exchange before Sanders appeared to throw his hands up, turn and walk away. The video of the exchange aired live with no audio.
But sound of the moment was caught by CNN's microphones and found Wednesday.
"I think you called me a liar on national TV," Warren can be heard saying.
"What?" Sanders responded.
"I think you called me a liar on national TV," she repeated.
"You know, let's not do it right now. If you want to have that discussion, we'll have that discussion," Sanders said, to which Warren replied, "Anytime."
"You called me a liar," Sanders continued. "You told me -- all right, let's not do it now."
So, it was as it seemed. Warren was pissed and Bernie wasn’t happy about it either. And Tom Steyer was as uncomfortable as he looked.
CNN says neither campaign wanted to discuss the audio and neither Warren or Bernie have spoken about it today.

Comments